The Maya site of Palenque is beautiful! If you ever find yourself in the Southern part of Mexico near Belize you really need to take the family to Palenque. Trust me it will be worth it! These are the first pyramids we saw on our trip to Belize and they have a special place in our memory.
Three Quick Reasons to Visit Palenque
The Maya site of Palenque is beautiful!
- We got lots of healthy exercise climbing up and down the pyramids.
- It was a fun historical field trip about Maya culture for the kids and the adults.
- After our workout, we played in waterfalls inside the park that cooled us off from our adventurous hike.
We had a wonderful day traveling back in time a couple thousand years!
Family Tips for Visiting Maya Pyramids
- If you bring the kids be sure to pack water! It’s hot and they will need the hydration. So will you!
- Buy a baby carrier for your little ones. We hauled Tristan up and down the pyramids in his carrier. Our 11-month-old didn’t miss a thing!
Enjoy our first Maya adventure in photos. Hopefully one day you will be able to visit this beautiful park too! Signing off, Tina