The last six months have been a whirlwind of activity and life changes. Here is a quick wrap-up of our recent personal life; the good, the bad, and the ugly!
- We went to the States in March to visit our family for six weeks.
- Upon returning we had less than six weeks to find a home and move. We found a home we love! Here are the pics :-)
- Right after the move, on June 13th, we received a heart-breaking phone call. Brad’s dad died suddenly on the job. We left that day for the States and came home four weeks later.
- After a couple weeks home, Brad’s family came to visit for two weeks. We had a very nice time, and I checked several new places off my Mexico bucket list. More posts to follow on this later!
- Here we are today. After a few super crazy months, we are trying hard to return to our normal loco. Kids officially start all schedules, chores and homeschooling, tomorrow morning. Enough with the life changes already!
What is Next for La Mujer Behind Los Gringos Locos?
Besides trying to get our family in a good routine for home, school, and our Bible ministry, I am making some personal changes as well. I will be spending more time in my missionary work helping interested persons learn about the Bible. I am nervous about this change because it has been almost 10 years since I devoted so much time to my Bible ministry! I have remained active but I needed to spend more time at home with my kids. Now the girls are tweens and the boys are walking, talking, and diaper free! That means more time to do what I love. Helping people learn about the Bible.
I am also a lover of writing, photography, and travel, as my loyal readers know! The past few months I had plenty of moments to analyze my time and decide what is most important to me. That is serving God with my family and spending quality time with my kids. Can I do it all? Can I blog, travel, homeschool, be a missionary, a wife, and a mom? Yes, I think so! I will have to schedule, prioritize, and stay focused. Having ADHD doesn’t make this easy! But “Si, se puede!” Yes, I can!
What Life Changes are Next for Los Gringos Locos?
I hate to say yes, and then not keep my word. I have said I was going to do this or that in the past and it never happened. Sometimes things just don’t work out! I can tell you that I stepped down as president of the International Bloggers Association February 1st. I loved the work but it was consuming me and I was neglecting my ministry and my family. I still love and believe in the IBA.
I also stopped participating in the Laugh Learn Linkup earlier this year. I turned the linkup over to my cousin, a fellow blogger. Laugh Learn was not taking my blog in the direction I wanted it to go. I am a homeschooling mom of four, but my primary blogging niche is photography and Mexico. Not homeschooling. Since then Laugh Learn Linkup has been discontinued.
Here are some ideas I have in mind for Los Gringos Locos. Just don’t take it as a positive, definite, for sure! Let’s say maybe or maybe not. Hahaha!
- I want to put together a book about how a family with kids can move to Mexico, although I would like it to include information for everyone, kids or not.
- I am opening a store on Etsy for my travel photography including Mexico photography prints, large canvas, and fine art. It is called Los Gringos Locos.
- I am also starting to sell my photography on Fine Art America, which has it’s very own page on my blog as well. Click Here.
In the past, I had the goal of putting together a book about how our family moved to Mexico and our first couple years here. I honestly don’t know if I will ever get around to completing this project. I started but I never finished. I would love to publish our story but I don’t know if it’s unique enough for people to find it interesting. I also get a bit overwhelmed when I think of completing the book. The process baffles me a bit and I don’t know exactly how to proceed.
[clickToTweet tweet=”I will focus on more important things. The rest can fall into place or disappear into oblivion.” quote=”I will focus on more important things. The rest can fall into place or disappear into oblivion.”]
So anyway, those are some ideas I have for Los Gringos Locos. But as far as what will actually come to fruit, we need to wait and see. I am going to focus on the more important things in my life and let everything else fall into place or disappear into oblivion ;-) Signing off to spend time vegging on the sofa with my hubby, Tina in Mexico