If you visit Puebla, be sure to visit Africam Safari! It’s an amazing place with beautiful animals and the safari experience is 10 times better than a zoo! The majority of the animals have a lot more space than I have seen in any zoo thus far and all the animals looked healthy and well cared for.
The cost for adults is 350 pesos and the cost for children is 340 pesos. In US dollars that is about 18.60 and 18.05 respectively. The tickets can be purchased in advance on their website or you can buy them at the ticket booth when you arrive.
Africam Safari is open Monday thru Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm. They have exclusive experiences available for an extra cost. These experiences allow you to be closer to the animals. There are too many to mention but you can find them listed with details on their website.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind before you visit:
- You will be driving thru Africam Safari in your vehicle. Make sure everyone is comfortable riding in the car for the day.
- Trailers are not allowed. My dad has a trailer for his electric wheelchair and we had to leave it in the parking lot. Apparently, the lions like to climb…
- Both my father and grandmother are handicapped and they loved the park… However, we did not have access to wheelchairs inside the park to use the restrooms. If there were wheelchairs available we were not aware of this. Take a wheelchair with you inside your vehicle.
- Bring your own food and drinks to save yourself some pesos. These things are more expensive inside the park.
- Bring your camera! There are so many photo opportunities…
- Go through the park twice or even three times. The animals move around throughout the day. It’s worth driving through more than once and it doesn’t cost extra.
- There are a couple of restaurants on site. So if you are hungry at the end of the day, you have options for a good meal.
I hope you enjoy the photos below. Leave me a comment if you do. Or if you have any of your own experiences on a safari :-) Signing, Tina, aka Mexico Mom
Originally Published January 12, 2023
Buy me a cup of coffee
A ridiculous amount of coffee was consumed in the process of creating this project. Add some fuel if you'd like to keep me going ;-) Gracias!